This role will be responsible for design, integration, advanced problem analysis, successful deployment, and continuous operational improvement of database technologies used. The individual should be well versed in database administration practices and principles. The individual will share the responsibility of overall database support in production database environment operating homegrown and partner supported applications. He or she will provide technical influence and subject matter expertise for the database team.
This role serves as a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations. Support Database Planning Engineering in the architecture, development and deployment of DB2 UDB on LUW database environments in high SLA environments.
· 5+ years of DBA experience, generally with one or more of the following DBMS platforms: DB2, Informix, Sybase, SQL Server, and Oracle.
· Strong knowledge and extensive experience with Microsoft SQL server technologies is mandatory.
· Sound knowledge of all UNIX and DB2 UDB utilities.
· Should have strong windows platform skills and understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments and security.
· Proficiency in writing SQL procedures, functions and packages for administration and application support.
· Must have extensive experience installing, cloning, patching and upgrading DB2 UDB server and the underlying technology stack.
· Strong knowledge of operating systems, scripting languages, data modeling and business intelligence tools.
· Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems and database environment issues.
· Work experience in a Financial Institute will be preferred.
Qualified and Interested Professionals who are currently in SINGAPORE and available for F2F interviews may apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage candidates with relevant experience to anticipate our initial confidential call. Thanks!