The role is of a “Business Development Manager” with Payments experience to join a Global E-commerce division in Singapore.
Purpose of the role:
To grow the Asia Pacific region revenue by creating and developing new revenue streams and managing the existing streams to drive the business forward across a diverse region, from India through to New Zealand.
· Expert knowledge of Card Schemes and compliance to the business.
· Detailed knowledge of the card acquirer market and operating relationships across the Asia Pacific market.
· Strong Card scheme governance, payment industry and internet payment knowledge.
· Growing business through new channels.
· Broad knowledge of all business areas including finance, marketing, product development.
· Deep understanding of the card and Internet payment industries
· Detailed knowledge of the ecommerce markets
· Good knowledge of Banking practices and procedures
· Risk management practices and principles including credit stewardship and acquirer fraud issues.
· Relationship management skills.
· Negotiations of compliance agreement with third parties.
· To agree and achieve the financial – revenue and profit – targets set and to deliver the APAC sales strategy in line with Organization’s global sales plans and broader plans.
· Target the top tier of e-commerce merchants and deliver complex consultative sales solutions from end to end
· Identify and develop new market opportunities and build relationships with customers (current and prospective) growing revenues and raising Organization’s profile on consistent basis.
· Building new teams to deliver against the new revenue streams; leadership and development of the capability of the business development team and ensure that training & development plans are in place.
· Represent the Organization APAC at key industry bodies and maintain a high profile with the APAC customer base.
· Contribute to the development of sales processes, tools and capabilities in the US based on best practices in order to contribute to an efficient and effective sales team,
· Ensure systems are in place to ensure compliance remains up to date with any changes in legal / card schemes.
· Relationship management and fee negotiations with card issuers.
· Enable growth through new license agreements and promote rule changes to enable growth in new sectors.
· Be a focal point of contact in the Singapore office.
Internal: London Office, Heads of Credit, Risk, Compliance, Legal & Relationship Management
External: 3rd party vendors, suppliers and advisors, client companies, card scheme and merchants, industry forums.
Professionals with cross regional exposure (Europe, India, China, Singapore, ANZ, Japan, etc..,) and interested in the above position, please apply or write to email@example.com for a Confidential discussion.
Please Note: We are interested to hire candidates who are currently in Singapore.